The Regional English Language Office (RELO) at the U.S. Embassy Islamabad under American English E-Teacher program is offering 14 scholarships to English language teaching professionals from Pakistan to participate in a eight-week online course offered by American Universities.
The American English E-Teacher Program offers 8-week, online university-level courses in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) developed by U.S. educational institutions.
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom
- Critical Thinking in the Classroom
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Content Based Instruction
- TESOL Methodology
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
When do the classes start?
Classes for the main course will begin from June 25, 2019. However, all participants will be required to complete a mandatory orientation course starting from May 20, 2019.
Who can apply?
- Be an in-service English language professional
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills (minimum 525 TOEFL, 70 iBT, or CEFR B2)
- Be a citizen of Pakistan
- Be living in Pakistan for the entire duration of the AE E-Teacher term
- Have regular and reliable access to high-speed internet connection
- Be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for the duration of the 8-week course
- Be willing to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your primary choice is unavailable
Alumni of AE online courses are ineligible to apply for this opportunity.
To apply, please fill in the online application and submit no later than 5 p.m. (Pakistan Standard Time) on March 15, 2019.
Online application can be found here: “Online Application” (<– click here)
If you have difficulty accessing the hyperlink mentioned above for online application, please visit https://goo.gl/forms/5AQiIJjzOZ4whD6M2
Questions? Contact us: email@example.com or +92 300 2008575