Did you know that 98% Pakistanis contribute more than PKR 250 billion a year to philanthropic activities? Or that Pakistan ranks number 5 by the “number of people donating money”? We want to know thoughts of Pakistani Youth on philanthropy in Pakistan.
Share your views by participating in our #ThisIsPakistan blog contest for the chance to not only have your work published, but also to participate in the second Pakistan Philanthropy Forum to be held at IBA Karachi on March 20th. Deadline to participate is February 15th.
Details are as under:
WHO CAN APPLY?
This competition is open to everyone including students from Arts, Humanities, Social and Development Studies from anywhere in the country.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Blog entries should be 1500 words maximum
• Should include a form of imagery: e.g. illustrations, info-graphics or photographs
• We invite you to write your blog on a single topic from one of these suggested themes: (i) innovating traditional philanthropy; (ii) philanthropy and impact investment in Pakistan; (iii) good governance for an effective civil society; and (iv) power of partnerships.
HOW AND WHERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES:
Please send submissions to: email@example.com
WHY SHOULD YOU ENTER?
• To voice your opinions on philanthropy in Pakistan
• To inform readers of current philanthropic problems or solutions
• The winner and the runner up will receive cash prizes of PKR. 10,000 and PKR. 5000 respectively
• The winner will also get a chance to participate in Pakistan Philanthropy Forum 2019
• A selection of the best blog entries will be published on our website
WHEN TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES:
• Please ensure all entries are submitted by 15th February 2019
There are many different styles of blogs out there, but for this competition your blog should be:
• Well written and engaging with a consistent tone of voice that is both informative and light
• Thoughtful and thought-provoking
• Written from a fresh and interesting point of view that adds something novel to the debate
• And finally, it should be well informed/surveyed and referenced
Courtesy: PCP FB page